Learning how to coupon is simpler than you may realize. You just need to have someone teach you the important things you need to know.
If you’ve come here to learn the extreme couponing you’ve seen on television, you are on the wrong page. That is not what I teach. What I teach you to do is to make coupons work for you to lower your grocery bill by as much as 50% — or more!
The strategies I teach are the same ones I’ve used for years. These are the same techniques I’ve taught to thousands of people — just like you. They too have learned how to apply these principles so they can save money at the grocery store.
This page is divided into sections to help you learn how to coupon, both in the store and online. We even share some of the recent coupon deals that we’ve found to help you put your coupons to work!
HOW TO COUPON QUICK START GUIDE
New to coupons? If so, you might be feeling rather overwhelmed. This 6 Step How to Coupon Quick Start guide will get you on the way to using coupons in no time at all!
Step 1: Getting Started
General information to understand the basic practice of how to use coupons and other simple ways to use them to save mone
Step 2: Find Coupons
TEN different resources to find the coupons you need for the products you use.
Step 3: Read Coupons
Learn how to read and understand coupons so you can use them to maximize your savings.
Step 4: Important Coupon Facts
Understand important coupon facts you must know about using coupons, including fraudulent coupons, copying coupons and more.
Step 5: Organizing Coupons
Learn how to organize your coupons so you can find them when you want to use them.
Step 6: Know Your Store
Every store has it’s own coupon policy. Find the national and regional store coupon policies for your favorite store.
Step 7: Money Saving Strategies
Once you know how to use coupons, the next step is to learn tricks and strategies to make them save you even more money.
(Back to top)
LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW TO USE COUPONS
You understand the basics of couponing, but now it is time to take it up a notch. Whether you are new to coupons or a coupon ninja, you should learn new ways how to use coupons, so you can maximize your savings.
GETTING STARTED USING COUPONS
- How to Read and Understand Coupons
- Coupon Facts The New Couponer Must Learn
- Getting Started Using Coupons: What You Need to Know
FINDING MORE COUPONS
The most popular are printable coupons. However, you should print them only from the manufacturer’s website or reputable online coupon sites. Those you can trust include (click on the image to go directly to that site):
One other unique feature you will find on our site is our comprehensive searchable coupon database. You will find coupons for the products you need – in a searchable format! Just search for the coupon you need and if there is one out there, we will let you know! You can even print them directly from the database!
You can also learn more about how to use coupons and find other resources for coupons and rebates to help you save money at the store:
- Where to Find Coupons
- Coupons You Can Redeem On Your Phone
- Emailing Companies for Coupons
- Ultimate Guide to Using Target Cartwheel
UNDERSTANDING YOUR COUPON
Coupons and couponers use their own lingo when it comes to talking coupons. You’ll want to educate yourself so you too understand this so you can make your coupons work for you.
- How to Read a Coupon
- Learn How to Find the Date on Your Coupon Insert
- Understanding Coupon Abbreviations (And Those Used by Coupon Websites)
Once you understand the general principles of how to use coupons, you are ready to start learning advanced coupon techniques. These are the ways that people get some of the best deals at the store.
- Sales Tax Question: Do You Pay Before or After the Coupon is Applied?
- Can I Use a Value Off Coupon WITH a Buy 1 Get 1 Coupon?
- How Many Coupons Can I Use On Twin Packs?
- Can I Use More Than One Coupon on an Item?
- Coupon Stacking Explained + Where You Can Still Do This
- Why Did My Coupon Not Work?
- The Secret to Never Missing a Deal — Rain Checks
If you want to use coupons, you have to be able to find them when you need them. There are many ways to try to organize your coupons, but these tips will help you find the one that works best for you.
STORE COUPON POLICIES
One of the most important lessons you need to learn when it comes to how to use coupons is that each store has it’s own policy. Take time to read through them before you shop. It is also a good idea to keep the link or printed policy handy when redeeming coupons. That way, if there is an issue at checkout, you will have the resource at your finger tips.
- National Store Coupon Policies
- What To Do if the Store Refuses Your Coupons
- What Happens When the Store Doesn’t Follow It’s Own Coupon Policy?
- How To Deal with Anti-Coupon Cashier
You can use coupons in the store, but you can also use them online. Understanding your coupon codes and policies will help you maximize your savings.
(Back to top)
HOW TO SAVE MONEY
Coupons are just one strategy when it comes to saving money. There are different ways you can save on everything you need from apples to zippers.
- 50+ Ways to Save on Groceries without Using Coupons
- The Best Apps to for Saving Money on Groceries
- How Much Should You Budget for Groceries
- Mistakes That Are Killing Your Grocery Budget
- How to Cut Your Grocery Bill in Half
- Saving Money on Your Favorite Organic Foods
- Ten Money Saving Secrets Stores Don’t Want You to Know
- Ten Simple Ways to Save More at the Grocery Store
- Saving Money on Bread, Meat, Produce & Dairy
- Ten Things You Must Know About Shopping at Aldi
- 50+ Ways to Slash Your Utility Bills
- 10 Smart Budget Tips for Staying Cool in the Summer
- 5 Brilliant Tips for Lowering Your Cable Bill
- Awesome Tricks to Reducing Your Cell Phone Bill
- Starbucks Money Saving Hacks
- The Best Money Saving Tip for Dining Out
- Tipping Properly When Dining Out with Coupons
- Ultimate Kids Eat Free List
MORE WAYS TO SAVE
- 20 Ways to Save Money on Amazon
- Ten Tricks for Saving Money Shopping at Target
- Five Tips to Save Money on Toilet Paper
- Annual Buying Guide: The Time of the Year to Buy Everything
- Five Secret Tricks for Getting the Lowest Prices on Airfare
- Lowering Your Pet Costs
- How You Can Save Money on Fuel
(Back to top)
COUPON DEALS & ONLINE COUPON CODES
There are two ways to use coupons — in the store or online. You can find some of the most recent deals and offers right here on Penny Pinchin’ Mom!
COUPON DEALS IN THE STORE
One of the best ways to save money is to know which store deals are available at your local store. Since this site covers the entire country, we try to keep the deals we share to the stores that can be most commonly be found. To find the current in-store deals, simply click on the icon below for that store.
Coupons are not limited to in-store use. In fact, there are on-line coupons you can use every day. However, finding these codes can be tricky. Fortunately, we’ve got the coupon codes for some of the most common stores right here for you!
To find the most recent on-line coupon codes (and discounts), simply click on the store icon below. We’ll send you to that page to look through the list so you can get the code you need.
(Back to top)
USING THIS SITE TO SAVE MONEY
I’m here to help you save on everything you need. There are different ways I do just that.
Sign up for our emails
We offer emails where we share all of the most recent deals we’ve found. Make sure you are signed up so you don’t miss a thing!!
Join our Facebook Group
This is where I post every single deal we find! You can also connect and chat with others who are looking to save money too! Head over to join the Penny Pinchin’ Mom Facebook Group.
Follow me on Pinterest
I find money saving ideas and articles from other blogging experts. Make sure you follow me on Pinterest so you don’t miss a thing!
Learn how to manage your money
We are constantly sharing new ideas and concepts that you can use to better manage your finances.
Use our Coupon Database
The Penny Pinchin’ Mom coupon database is a free tool to help you find the coupons you need. You’ll find links to print coupons, those in the weekly inserts, magazines and more.
(Back to top)